The Menace of Multiculturalism - section eleven
The Muslim Threat
Australia has a large and growing Muslim population. Continuing mass immigration from those countries with large Islamic populations is building up the numbers of Muslims already here. Indonesia, our closest Asian neighbour, has one of the world's biggest Muslim communities.
The fundamentalist Muslim countries raise the spectre of:(69)
- Crimes punishable by whippings.
With the already sizeable Muslim presence in Australia; with continued mass immigration; with Muslim recruitment of their fellow "ethnics": it is not hard to picture a scenario where a future Australia has become a Muslim country. In such a scenario, where Islamic fundamentalism reigns, the "liberalistic" practices of multiculturalism would disappear (by natural and enforced means), to be replaced by the unbending, autocratic, and sometimes barbaric practices of the fundamentalist Islamic state.
- Thieves having their hands chopped off.
- Adulterers being stoned to death.
- Fatyahs (death sentences) for those who say, or write, anything construed as anti-Muslim (e.g. Ayatollah Khomeini's fatyah upon Salman Rushdie for writing the Satanic Verses novel).
- Women grabbed from the streets and re-clothed (to cover up any "unseemly" exposed flesh) by the roving patrols of hardline Muslim women.
- In law courts: Two women witnesses being required to counter the evidence of one Muslim man; rape victims only being able to prove their cases if they can produce four male Muslim witnesses.
- Females being barred from higher education and from most occupations.
- Teenage girls being given up to 70 lashes for not covering their hair in public.
- Jail for drinking alcohol.
Although this terrible scenario may seem a remote prospect, it is one that multiculturalism could help bring about.
The Menace of Multiculturalism
Australian Nationalism Information Database - www.ausnatinfo.angelfire.com/~natinfo